Unfolding: Slow Down – Drop In – Dare More
Quote from the book: “We don’t become a perfect rendition but an authentic expression of ourselves. We are called to celebrate our eccentric less-than-perfect human selves. “
This book is a celebration of the uniqueness of every woman’s voice and one woman’s journey to discover her own full-throated self-expression.
Gazing at a painting of a mermaid I wondered what does it mean to have a voice – a woman’s voice? After decades of working with women this question grabbed me and well so did mermaids. That painting was a postcard sent from my soul – written long ago and delivered right on time. I dove into reading and research. Mostly I began to listen and follow an inner whisper that I gradually recognized as my true voice. And the book was born.
I love working with women. As a teenager I became a beautician captivated by their stories as I worked with their hair. In my middle years I became a psychotherapist and worked with their emotions. Now as a leader of women’s groups I explore the nearly universal desire to seek deeper meaning—especially in mid-life. That means I work with their souls.
- SLOW DOWN to hear our soul’s beckoning.
- DROP IN and connect with our complexity & intuition.
- DARE MORE and risk being our true selves
Laced with poignant and funny stories along with a generous serving of wisdom, Unfolding is a portable companion. You will want to keep it nearby.
- “Reading Unfolding left me a little in awe of Nancy Hill. Really! I read a lot, and it’s not often that an author writes something- particularly something true- that takes my breath away. I expected Unfolding to be insightful; I expected it to be full of useful wisdom; I expected it to be well-written and honest. It was all of these. But what I didn’t expect was to be truly surprised and deeply inspired, not only by Nancy’s wisdom, but by her life, by the way she has embodied the wisdom she has acquired by truly daring to live more than what she had been taught to expect and far more than what was supported and espoused by the culture around her.”
Oriah Mountain Dreamer is the author of several best-selling books: The Invitation (now translated into more than fifteen languages), The Dance, and The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here. Her book, What We Ache For: Creativity and the Unfolding of Your Soul, explores the challenges, rewards, and necessity of doing our creative work. Opening the Invitation is a small book that shares Oriah’s story of writing and sharing her much-loved poem, “The Invitation.” Oriah has shared her insights and stories with audiences throughout the world at conferences and retreats and through radio and TV appearances (CBC, TVO, Oprah, NPR, PBS, Wisdom Network.)
- “Nancy’s writing is captivating and obviously needed as much for the males as the females of our world– if not more.”
Joseph Chilton Pearce has been probing the mysteries of the human mind for a half a century. His books include The Crack in the Cosmic Egg, Exploring the Crack in the Cosmic Egg, Magical Child, Magical Child Matures, Bond of Power, and Evolution’s End. Pearce has expertise that spans psychology, anthropology, biology, and physics. His contributions to the study of human consciousness and child development have influenced many authors.
- “Nancy Hill taps into deep wisdom with a fresh eye. With a light, almost whimsical touch, she speaks with the language of the soul. I found myself reading and re-reading her metaphors. They not only ring with truth…they called my soul to come out and play. I highly recommend Unfolding.”
Justine Willis Toms, Ph.D. is Co-founder and Managing Producer of New Dimensions Media/World Broadcasting Network and New Dimensions Radio, She is co-author with Michael Toms of True Work: Doing What You Love and Loving What You Do and author of Small Pleasures: Finding Grace in a Chaotic World. She is a founding convener of the Millionth Circle Initiative.
- “Reading Unfolding is like enjoying a fine piece of chocolate – totally satisfying. Beautifully written, intimate, and engaging, Nancy’s book speaks directly to us as women. It draws us in, stimulates our senses, and challenges our thinking. It’s all a good book should be, including a catalyst to change our lives. Give it to every woman you know and love.”
Robin A. Sheerer, award-wining author of No More Blue Mondays/Four Keys to Finding Fulfillment at Work and the newly released, Thrive/The Entrepreneurial Path to a Great Life. Robin is the founder and President of Career Enterprises Incorporated, a Chicago-based firm offering coaching, training, and consulting in Career and Human Resource Development.